Saturday, January 9, 2010

Stepping Outside My Comfort Zone



This is a very hard thing for me. I constantly am being pushed to step out and and I constantly refuse. The reason I don't try is cause I greatly fear failure. I am constantly thinking about the worst that could happen if i try that. And there is always a little voice (actually a very large voice) that tells me I'm worthless and could and never will be good at anything or do good at anything. Sadly I listen to that voice quite often and because of that I know that my life has lacked. If a baby took the attitude i have, never trying to walk because they might fall on there face, then they would never be able to experience the feeling when you run through the cold damp grass on a summers night, or be able to feel proud when they ran there hardest and scored a goal, touch down ect. although the baby might fall a couple times when they first start out, the benefits of them learning how to walk are endless. also if I over come my fears now and step out then later in life i will be able to do those things with out thinking about them. Just a adult can walk without really thinking about it. But if i never try then i will never accomplish anything. Although I may never fail i don't try, i most certainly will never succeed.



No comments:

Post a Comment